INKTOBER: 2019 - Birds of Bangalore

Inktober is a month-long art challenge started by Utah based illustrator Jake Parker, wherein every day for the month of October, a participating artist creates an ink drawing and posts it online. While I'm not one for internet drawing challenges, I look at the whole exercise as an excuse to initiate these little series of drawings on subjects that are close to my heart. It's regular practice, doesn't need a lot of thought and all in all, a lot of fun.

For 2018, I did a series on the #FlowersOfBangalore wherein I drew 31 different flowers found (not necessarily native) in Bangalore, in my own stylized way. For 2019, last year, I decided to take up #BirdsOfBangalore. The idea was to draw as many birds as I could in my free time, while working on other commissioned projects. I only managed a total of 7 drawings in the month of October; I sold these original drawings framed in some beautiful pinewood the same month. I always wanted to complete the series. As of today, I have.

---

01. Tickell's Flowerpecker


02. Red-whiskered Bulbul

03. Large Pied Wagtail


04. House Sparrow

05. Small Green Barbet

06. Asian Koel


07. Great Tit


08. Red-vented Bulbul


09. Brahminy Starling


10. Oriental White-eye


11. White-throated Kingfisher


12. Pied Bushchat


13. Common Myna


14. Purple Sunbird


15. Common Tailor-bird

---

All the drawings have been hand-drawn using a Sakura Pigma Micron 001 on a premium, cold-pressed paper. The papers used in the drawings 08, 09 & 10 have also been marbled (at home) using DIY techniques.

---


---

Thank you everyone for your continued love and support. It means a lot!  

No comments:

Post a Comment